IP Court Reporter
- Full Time
Law360 is seeking a reporter to cover intellectual property developments in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Patent Trial and Appeal Board and International Trade Commission in Washington, D.C. This reporter will be responsible for keeping track of cases in these courts, attending selected events, communicating with editors, and filing daily news stories.
- At least one year of full-time, paid reporting experience and some court reporting or similar experience
- Demonstrated reporting and writing skills
- Experience reporting for a legal audience
- Experience writing under deadline pressure
- Experience writing about intellectual property
Periodic travel between court houses is expected. Court Reporters are required to arrange transportation for field travel and/or use their own personal vehicle.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete writing and reporting tests electronically.
Law360 offers extensive training on legal topics. Business or legal reporting experience is not required. However, professional reporting experience and strong writing and analytical skills are required to succeed in this job.