On Air Talent
- Full Time
- The ideal candidate will live and breathe the Urban AC format / lifestyle and must generate terrific content on air and on social that speaks to our audience.
- The candidate should excel in all areas of social media / digital including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- The afternoon host will be compelling, talented, professional and understand how to create great radio in a PPM-friendly environment.
- Applicants should have at least five years of on air experience, understand PPM audience measurement, FCC rules and regulations, and will have the proven ability to work hand-in-hand with the sales, promotions, digital and production departments.
- Execute an entertaining and engaging daily live on-air shift on Kiss 104.1.
- Follow programming and commercial log
- Create compelling social media and digital content for the station’s various channels (Facebook, Instagram, app, website etc.)
- Act as a brand ambassador for Kiss 104.1 in the community – appearing at various events for the programming and sales departments.
- Assist the program director with various tasks including music scheduling, writing imaging, copywriting etc.
- Prefer 5 years of on-air experience with at least 3 years’ experience in a top 50 PPM market.
- Track record of PPM / Urban radio ratings success.
- Proven ability to engage with listeners on social media.
- Proven ability to work well with the sales department and clients helping to drive revenue through excellent personal appearances and commercial endorsements.
- Experience voicing and creating commercial production.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automations systems, such as WideOrbit, Adobe Audition etc.
- Extensive digital experience with station web sites, social media, and mobile.
- Available as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.