Crew leader who works with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming, under supervision of Director & Operations management Build and organize switcher effects, snapshots, transitions and specialty wipes Help provide solutions for studio, and control room production needs Test and prepare television technical operations systems and equipment for use including automation codingWork closely with Operations Management and Engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required required
- Five (5) years of related TD experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred
- Proficient in operation and building of effects on Ross Overdrive and Grass Valley Kayenne with internal DPM
- General understanding of all aspects and duties of a Level 1 technician, including: Stage Managing, Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, LED Lighting, Audio, Video Playback
- Proficient in live studio and remote program operations
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- Familiarity with NY sports a plus
- Live directing experience, both standard and automated, a plus
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system preferred
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment.
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.