- Full Time
Loyola Press, a Catholic publisher in Chicago, is seeking a full-time, onsite Production Artist to build and produce print and digital curriculum products. Preferred applicants have substantial experience in using InDesign templates to layout and build pages, and they are able to apply best practices for production processes in the publishing industry.
Work on the production stages of product development, from the pouring and styling of manuscript through the release of files.
- Minimum 3 years of production experience in publishing
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite through CC 2017 (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), as well as familiarity with various presentation software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow project specifications and prototypes to place content and elements in InDesign templates
- Complete understanding of print production and appropriate file setup with knowledge of digital file delivery and preflight
- Experience creating PDF files with print-ready specifications in accordance with best practices and industry standards
- Experience producing digital content
- Passion for efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and positive work style
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic design or related field
- Design experience
- Experience building InDesign templates
- Familiarity with educational publishing and Catholic school marketplace
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. For more information, visit www.loyolapress.com. Applications accepted only via email. Please include resume and cover letter when applying. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Production Artist in subject line. No phone calls please.