Director of Conference Programming
- Full Time
The Director of Conference Programming for P&I Conferences will be responsible for content development for Pensions & Investments conferences in North America. The Director will work closely with the associate publisher, the marketing and investor relations teams to accelerate the growth of P&I’s successful conference division by developing new conference and event topics and themes, as well as ensuring that all conferences have appropriate, relevant and compelling content for the market. The Director will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with large institutional investors to ensure relevant content development and speaker recruitment for all conferences.
Key responsibilities of the Director of Conference Programming, P&I Conferences include;
- Conduct in-depth market research on conference topics and themes to ensure relevance and timeliness of conference content.
- Recruit and manage conference advisory board(s) for assigned conferences
- Develop relationships and cultivation efforts with pension funds and industry experts
- Develop conference agendas and themes including workshop topics with Conference Sponsors, panel discussion topics and keynote speaker presentations.
- Recruit and prepare conference moderators/chairs.
- Recruit outside speakers for assigned conferences including institutional investors, investment consultants, leading economists and other industry experts.
- Work with conference sponsors to develop appropriate workshop ideas, liaise with both marketing and speakers on agenda development and presentations, review all presentations for relevancy and messaging, and work with P&I Conferences team on all areas of conference development.
- Prepare all panels, including running panel preparation calls and providing notes, updated throughout conference series where appropriate.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for delegates on-site through curated discussions in the program.
- Manage conference running order on the day (on-site), ensuring proper flow of agenda and speaker preparedness.
- Manage VIP dinners in association with assigned conferences to ensure appropriate attendance and networking facilitation.
- Work with sponsors to prepare for video interviews, including determining questions to be addressed during the conference
- Bachelor degree in related field
- Minimum of 10 years of conference programming experience within a financial services and/or financial media organization or financial association
- Background cultivating relationships and communities within the investment community
- Background developing conference agendas, themes, and panel topics
- Experience developing new formats for conferences, including facilitated networking opportunities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on deadline
- Ability to travel
- Financial Services reporting or editing experience
- Extensive knowledge of pension plans, endowments, foundations, asset managers, and institutional investors
- Background moderating and speaking in front of large groups
About P&I Conferences
P&I Conferences is a division of the Pensions & Investments newspaper and digital media brand serving pension and retirement funds, endowments, foundations, asset managers and other institutional investors. P&I hosts more than 25 conferences globally each year and is an integral part of the growth and multi-platform content development initiatives at Pensions & Investments. P&I Conferences has a long track record of delivering quality content to the institutional investing community and has experienced continued growth and tremendous accolades for the past 12 years.
Every other Monday, Pensions & Investments delivers critical financial news to executives responsible for the investment of large institutional assets such as pension funds, endowments and foundations. It reaches top corporate executives and government leaders, pension fund managers, investment advisers, consultants, and financial institutions. It is the world’s leading newspaper for institutional investing.
Click HERE to visit us in our New York office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.