VP/Group Publisher, B2B Media & Entertainment
- Full Time
The Media Entertainment group is comprised of some of the most iconic brands serving the Broadcast, Cable and Media industries. Our two flagship print brands Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News are the primary revenue drivers, but also within this portfolio is the Broadcast Hall of Fame, an annual event which recognizes individuals for their performance. One of our presenters this year was Oprah Winfrey. In addition to this marquee event, the Media Entertainment group produces 15 events including Wonder Women throughout the year.
Job Summary & Purpose
We are seeking a leader that will manage a senior-level sales team (Director of Sales and Account Director), liaise with the content teams and work closely with the Executive Leadership Team including the CRO and SVP, Managing Director of B2B who sit in New York. This person will be responsible for the overall business vision and financial trajectory of both Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News with budget and P+L accountability across sales and content. This position will also oversee annual partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders to our business success such as NATPE, NAB, NCTC, the Broadcasters Foundation of America and other non-profit organizations that support the brands throughout the year. We are seeking an individual who would be able to generate new business with emerging media, technology, non-endemic and consumer brands while engaging with C-suite decision-makers and guiding the sales team as they work to close business. The ideal person will have gravitas and a strong selling and sales leadership stance with a proven track record across multiple platforms and ideally knowledge of the broadcast, television, tech and media industry. Someone with significant contacts and insights into this dynamic and rapidly changing sector who is excited to bring new ideas, clients and thought leadership to the table is tantamount to success in this position.
Key role responsibilities
- Selling two magazines (1 bi-weekly and 1 monthly), digital media sales and event sponsorships
- Managing a team of two senior-level sales people
- Liaising with Executive Leadership Team and ownership of financials and P+L
- Collaborating with the content team to develop successful programs for the event portfolio and editorial themes across print/digital throughout the year as opportunities emerge
- Collaborating with marketing for sales tools
- Develop existing relationships and forge new ones where appropriate.
Essential skills and experience
- Direct selling and experience with print, digital and events.
- A background in Entertainment, Media, and/or Tech is preferred.
- Preferably with 15+ years’ experience, knowledge and in-sights.
- Customer relationship management.
- Ability to use tools such as our CRM, presentations, forecasting tools and expert knowledge of G-suite.
- Management of people and a good team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.