Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
- Full Time
WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 12 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers work at the intersection of government, technology and business, and we remain committed to our guiding principles of providing quality, extraordinary legal and client services; developing diversity among our lawyers and staff and fostering an environment that promotes an ambitious spirit, teamwork and collegiality by drawing on the exceptional talents and dynamic experience of our lawyers. Our goal is to reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice.
Are you ready to join us?
As the Client Development Coordinator, you will support the Transactional Client Development Director, Manager and team on a wide variety of initiatives, including events and sponsorships, research, market visibility and recognition efforts, support for pitches and RFPs, marketing content development and experience management, general business development activities and more.
While supporting activities across legal teams and providing an enhanced level of support for client development activities related to Transactional practice groups, you will be responsible for developing an understanding of department and firmwide priorities in order to properly assist with activities that support those interests.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports the planning and execution of firm events including conferences, webinars, client entertainment and receptions and coordinates sponsorships to fully leverage benefits.
- Leads audience development for firm events, developing targeted invitation lists, tracking RSVPs, attendee engagement and follow-up efforts.
- Reviews and conducts research on companies, industries, marketplaces and competitors related to pitches and other strategic initiatives; develops insights and communicates recommendations and applicable information.
- Provides support for market recognition efforts, awards and legal directory submissions (Chambers USA, Legal 500, etc.).
- In collaboration with the Public Relations, Communications and Digital Marketing teams, promotes internally and externally deals, matters, client news and other lawyer and practice highlights.
- Assists in preparing sophisticated, thoughtful, and persuasive pitch materials, including RFP responses and tailored marketing collateral.
- Helps maintain the firm’s experience and content management database (Foundation) and performs queries and exports as needed.
- Works with colleagues to support contact management efforts via InterAction (including contact updates, development of targeted marketing lists, tagging client activities, etc.).
- Acts in conjunction with Communications and Digital Marketing teams to support marketing communications-related activities, such as website updates, improvements to attorney biographies and online profiles including LinkedIn.
- Actively participates in the department's cross-functional resources program working with Managers across legal departments and functions in their various business development and marketing efforts including events and sponsorships.
- Performs special projects as requested by Client Development leadership team.
- Displays integrity, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via email and written correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
Required Skills Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience in a dynamic environment with high expectations for superior client service, attention to detail and quality
- Strong time management skills to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Research skills and reasoning ability to turn data into succinct and useful deliverable for lawyers
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- BA/BS required.
- 3 years' experience in a professional services environment, preferably with a law firm, in a marketing or client development role is helpful.
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.