Social Media Producer
- Full Time
YR Media (formerly Youth Radio) is seeking a Social Media Producer.
YR Media is seeking a creative and seasoned producer to develop and lead social media content strategy across our owned social and brand platforms. We are looking for someone with a proven track record for creating compelling social content and driving conversation that matters for young people (ages 18-28) who are socially engaged, civically curious, and creating cultures of their own.
A key component of this new position will be to train and mentor a team of young people (age 16-24) who will produce the majority of the social creative and copy, and ultimately be responsible for conveying the YR voice.
The Social Media Producer is responsible for establishing workflows to create, package, and share YR content, reporting on key social platform analytics and performance, and implementing initiatives to grow audiences. This individual must be well-versed in current and rapidly evolving social media best practices, a strong copywriter and art director, and passionate about co-creating with and mentoring young people.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets content strategy, publishing schedules, and creative direction for YR Media social and brand platforms, inclusive of: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and YR content newsletter.
- Mentors and trains a team of part-time, paid young people (ages 16-24) who will produce the majority of social content and creative, including motion graphics, video, copy, and illustrations.
- Develops templates, workflows and guidelines to help with management of above team, in collaboration with other YR media training staff.
- Works closely with editorial and arts producers to develop social content that authentically represents the original content YR Media producers are creating, while maximizing potential reach and engagement.
- Reports on key social platform analytics and performance.
- Implements initiatives to grow audiences across social, increase engagement, and meet aggressive short-term and long-lead KPIs.
In addition to these responsibilities, performs other activities as assigned and required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant professional experience. Extensive social media experience is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field. Excellent written editing skills, including copy editing/writing and fact-checking.
- Experience in a media organization, a content-driven editorial setting, and with producing content to the target age demographic (18-28 year-olds) preferred.
This position does not supervise others but does mentor a team of youth social media content creators and may provide oversight to interns and contractors.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 20 pounds, kneeling, bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment.
Please provide the following application materials:
- Cover letter sharing your interest in our organization and this position
- Examples of original social media content, in whatever format best highlights your work and shows preparation for this position.
No phone calls, please.
YR Media is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity and to attracting and supporting a staff who represent the rich diversity of the communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.