We are on the lookout for a well-organized Manager to join the Adult Sales team! Working specifically with titles published across imprints within the Penguin Publishing Group, the Manager will work closely with the publicity and sales departments to help coordinate author tours at bookstores, libraries, and book festivals. If you are looking for an exciting behind-the-scenes opportunity to connect authors to readers, this may be the perfect position for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Communicating between the sales department and various publicity departments.
* Collaborating between Sales Reps and bookstores, festivals and libraries in order to solicit author tours.
* Developing, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with accounts.
* Arranging visits between bookseller partners and members of the Sales and Publicity teams.
* Proactively troubleshooting author tour issues.
* Managing first-edition club process.
* Organizing materials and schedules for multiple conferences throughout the year, including Winter Institute, Regional Shows, and Book Expo America.
* Attending conferences and marketing meetings as needed.
* Managing additional account marketing projects as needed.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.