- Full Time
PaintCare seeks qualified candidates to join its team as communications manager. Reporting to the director of communications, the communications manager develops and manages a variety of projects including crafting advertising campaigns, media outreach and relations, creating public education materials, editing publications and reports, and writing documents and articles. They are responsible for creating and tracking workflows to ensure timely execution and delivery, as well as copy editing and quality checking deliverables. An effective communications manager anticipates the potential impact of a project and ensures accuracy and timeliness across all channels, including print and digital communications. Candidates must demonstrate ability to balance a large and diverse portfolio of projects and responsibilities. A collaborative, cooperative, and supportive approach to working on a team is required.
- Become knowledgable in PaintCare paint stewardship operations, history, and goals
- Conduct research, gather data, and summarize findings
- Work with media agencies to develop, execute, and report on advertising campaigns
- Create timelines for projects, track progress, and ensure team meets deadlines
- Produce and manage publications, including quality checking and version control
- Develop processes to ensure efficiency in projects and maintain high standards of quality and accuracy
- Plan and execute promotion campaigns for paint drop-off events
- Write and edit press releases, articles, editorials, and publications
- Produce creative scripts for radio, video, TV
- Coordinate video and photography shoots, from pre-planning to final deliverables
- Proofread and fact-check deliverables
- Track and analyze communications data and report to team and senior leadership
- Contribute to department accounting and financial reporting
- Collaborate with senior leadership and staff located throughout the U.S.
- Coordinate with media agencies and other external consultants
- Represent PaintCare at national and regional conferences
- Staff exhibit booths at national, regional, and local conferences and events
Perform other duties as assigned by the director of communications.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent PC and/or Mac skills using a variety of software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and other software
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong administrative and business operations knowledge
- Familiarity with content development processes, as well as hardcopy material production and delivery
- Familiarity with the creative/graphic design process and software
- Experience in providing service to internal or external customers, clients, partners, or other stakeholders
- Familiarity with and/or interest in paint products and environmental stewardship
Location and Travel
This job is located in Washington, D.C., and requires occasional travel.
PaintCare Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was established by the American Coatings Association (ACA), the primary trade association of paint manufacturers, to implement state legislated paint stewardship programs on behalf of architectural paint manufacturers in states that pass paint stewardship laws. Funding for PaintCare programs is provided by a fee on new paint sales in participating states. Funding is used to establish drop-off sites where the public can take unwanted leftover paint for recycling, pay for the recycling of the collected paint, conduct public education about proper paint management. PaintCare currently administers programs in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maine, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Please visit www.paintcare.org for more information about the PaintCare.
Salary & Benefits
[TBD] This is a full-time, regular position. Salary depends on experience; PaintCare, through the ACA, provides excellent benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance] and reimbursement for travel expenses.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in one document.