NowThis is looking for a Social Publisher to join our video distribution strategy team. We are looking for publishers who can work across each of our verticals: trending stories, politics, entertainment, science & tech, marijuana legalization, women-focused news, sports, food, and business. You’ll be a crucial part of running day-to-day operations for multiple social platform verticals while also improving video optimization, streamlining workflow, and pushing forward audience growth. We need independent self-starters and critical thinkers. In this role, content creation meets audience analytics, and you will be the driving force behind it.
*MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK TUESDAY - SATURDAY*
- Manage all aspects of social video distribution for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Maintain NowThis' editorial voice in headline and copy-writing across multiple verticals, while keeping in mind that each page has its differences in tone.
- Work closely with Senior Producers to schedule videos posts and prioritize time sensitive content.
- Monitor Facebook analytics to report trends and actionable insights to producing teams.
- Work with Insights to develop strategies that support audience growth, including opportunities for A/B testing.
- At least a few years of professional experience running a social media account for a newsroom, digital outlet, or brand.
- Must be able to work a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
- Strong grammar and communication skills required.
- Strong familiarity with publishing tools, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress.
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Flexibility: We’re a newsroom, and breaking news doesn’t always happen during traditional hours.
- Foreign language skills are a bonus (please indicate fluency or proficiency).
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.