Coordinator, Digital Lifecycle Marketing (Freelance)
WHAT WE’RE DOING
The digital marketing team at HBO is growing as we prepare to bring our fans industry leading
programming across all genres throughout 2019 - including the final season of Game of Thrones. As
marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting
new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who
follow and love the stories we tell.
Our Consumer Marketing team has won numerous awards including Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys,
Mosaic, PromaxBDA, Clios, and Golden Trailer awards.
This position reports directly into the Manager of Customer Engagement & Retention Marketing and
supports HBO’s digital marketing efforts for the network’s streaming services, HBO NOW and HBO GO.
This person will be responsible for executing best-in-class marketing campaigns across the customer
lifecycle to entice users to watch HBO programming (original series, movies, documentaries and more).
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a background in marketing and a demonstrated passion
for continuous improvement.
The Coordinator will also oversee day-to-day operational activities that drive critical business KPIs and
will be expected to c ontribute ideas and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
● Work closely with the Manager to develop and execute communication strategies to
engage/retain our customers based on programming, interests and stage in the customer
● Own and maintain internal planning calendars and documentation to ensure accuracy as plans
● Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and coordination towards key business
strategies and objectives
● Utilize insights and campaign results to inform future recommendations and initiatives
● Contribute to other digital projects (including landing pages and social media) as needed
● 2-3 years marketing experience
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English or Marketing
● Excellent organizational, time management and witten/oral communication skills
● Strong quantitative skills, excited by actionable consumer or campaign insights
● Self-motivated and intellectually curious, driven by a desire for continuous improvement
● A team player with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and perform under
pressure with meticulous attention to detail
● A passion for entertainment and pop culture
● We’re serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
● We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
● We’re fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
● We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and doers