Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Position Summary and General Description:
The Regional Sales Manager (aka Licensing Manager) will be responsible for developing existing US accounts and Consortia relationships and proactively establishing new relationships with the end goal of driving sales growth.
The successful candidate will proactively manage their territory with the support matrix of Account Developers, Sales Support, Marketing and Database Sales Managers, reporting to the Executive Licensing Manager. This role is within a results-driven team which supports experienced candidates with the tools to manage their territory through self-driven success alongside guidance and collaboration.
Remote status within the territory will be considered for highly qualified candidates with strong institution experience and a proven record of delivering results.
- Drive sales growth with established customers and Consortia relationships while expanding market
- Negotiate and close business while fostering long-standing customer relationships
- Produce sales/business reports and maintain a healthy sales pipeline
- Provide a deep understanding of selling to academic and Canadian institutions
- Collaborate with internal departments and staff throughout the sales process
- Candidates should have their Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three (3) years prior sales experience, including direct account management
- Experience in the STM publishing and/or licensing intellectual property
- Proven track record of year-to-year revenue growth in a sales environment
- Ability to work on complex contract negotiations and proposal development through a detail-oriented approach to their work
- Excellent presentation skills
- Personable and detail-oriented with strong communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Ability to travel as required (30% to 40%, seasonal)
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.