inScience Communications is a brand of Springer Healthcare, a leading full service medical communications agency, which forms part of Springer Nature, the world's largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world's highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years' experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
For a full overview of our business solutions, please watch our Springer Healthcare Showreel or the inScience Communications Showreel.
The Medical Writer prepares scientific content of medical communications that satisfy client needs in terms of quality, commercial focus, timing and cost. Specific responsibilities include:
Write and edit scientific content for a range of medical communications, according to client needs, deadline, budget and internal quality standards, as directed by the Scientific Services Team Leader
1. Contribute to account plans, strategic publication plans and publication programs, where appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments in therapeutic area or discipline and the Springer Healthcare product portfolio.
2. Present to clients the results of activities, when required, e.g. publication plans, results of competitive intelligence reports, and to contribute to client brainstorming meetings.
Monitor own adherence to budget and utilization rate
1. Support team working principles within the business unit, account team and other departments and collaboration between business units by attending team and editorial meetings/tutorials
2. Record and monitor actual time spent on a project against budgeted time, and complete timesheets in an accurate and timely manner.
Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you.
Note: Flexible work arrangements are available.
- At least one (1) year as a writer for a medical communication agency or as an internal medical communications writer for a pharmaceutical, healthcare, clinical research, academic research or publishing company
- Degree in Life Science or pharmacy, pharmacology or medicine (or equivalent); PhD, PharmD or MD
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and referencing software (ie, Endnote, Refman, etc.)
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our web site at www.insciencecommunications.com or www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Healthcare is a part of Springer Nature. Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: