- Full Time
As a Journal Publisher you will manage and develop a portfolio of existing science and medical journals. The provision of excellent service and the long-term management of key relationships is a major component of this role. You will be responsible for strategic development of the list and for driving new business development.
- Manage a list of journals to ensure journal, departmental and divisional targets (including revenue and profitability) are achieved, including maintaining good internal and external relationships and retaining society contracts.
- Develop the list of journals to maximize long and short term publication goals, as well as profitability of the journal list.
- Develop and implement a strategy for acquiring appropriate journals within stated subject areas, liaising with journals and books colleagues. Become familiar with writing and presenting detailed proposals to potential clients.
- Initiate and evaluate proposals for launching new journals, based either on submitted proposals or through detailed research to identify new areas.
- Manage the budgets and pricing for individual journals.
- Attend appropriate conferences and industry events as appropriate; travel to maintain relationships and attend board meetings as well as internal meetings, either departmental or divisional.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College Degree with minimum five years of experience in publishing, preferably journals publishing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, effective, working relationships with internal colleagues, external clients, and potential clients.
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate both internal and external stakeholders, including editorial contacts, society contacts and colleagues throughout all journals departments.
- Analytical and forecasting ability to review trends and align development appropriately as well as to create sales forecasts in conjunction with colleagues in sales and marketing.
- Experience presenting to groups large and small.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.