Production Artist/ Production Designer
- Full Time
SureWerx is a national supplier of tool, equipment and safety product lines for the Canadian and US markets. Our range of products include: abrasives, air tools, hand tools, material handling, lifting equipment and safety apparel and products. SureWerx USA headquartered is in Elgin, Illinois, the Canadian location is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with six branch offices located in the major cities across Canada. This position will be located in Elgin, Illinois.
We are seeking a talented Production Artist to assist in the creation and revision of digital artwork from the initial phase of collecting materials to the final files delivered to the printer.
Majority of the work will include but not limited to creating art files for catalogs, brochures, sell sheets, packaging, and banners.
- Creation of press-ready documents for all types of printed materials in both InDesign and Illustrator;
- Photo manipulation, retouching and color correction in Adobe Photoshop;
- Creation and editing of packaging printing files in Illustrator;
- Develops accurate and high-quality artwork files for Print or digital;
- Production assignments to prepare final layout and artwork for Press, packaging or digital, Including clean design, style sheets, photo retouching;
- Organization of internal Marketing files and digital assets;
- Follow Brand guidelines and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts or related;
- Familiar with Apple Mac equipment and operating systems;
- Proficient to expert skills in CC Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop;
- 3-7 years of experience in a design studio, agency environment or pre-press department;
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects at once;
- Familiar with creating stylesheets and templates;
- Understanding of file preparation for printing;
- Photo retouching, resizing and cropping;
- Create and revise packaging design files and die lines;
- Troubleshooting abilities;
- Accurate typing and proofreading skills;
- Keen eye for details;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with a moderate degree of supervision;
- Able to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work, and to meet assigned deadlines;
- Photography skills will be an asset.
How to Apply:
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package and are committed to providing our employees with work-life balance. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume via e-mail complete with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in SureWerx, however, only those who qualify will be contacted.