Job Purpose: NBCUniversal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a Newscast Producer. As an NBC5 Producer, you will be creating content for the most innovative news organization in Texas. Job Duties
- Build stories and newscasts while leading a team of associate producers, reporters, and anchors.
- Craft content using excellent writing and editing skills as well as your own unique vision.
- Work with newscast directors, promotion teams, graphics artists and newsroom staff to coordinate the production of newscasts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a daily newscast producer
- Ability to create urgent and interesting news copy
- Skilled social media user, who uses Facebook, Twitter and other platforms to build content and attract viewers
- Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
- Must be willing to work at the Fort Worth station just south of DFW Airport.
- Must have the ability to work any shift
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.