Digital Marketing Specialist
- Full Time
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is a global leader in higher education dedicated to preparing its 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students for successful careers in art, design, architecture, information, and liberal arts and sciences. Located in the cultural hub of New York City with historic campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pratt is a living lab of craft and creativity with esteemed professors and scholars who challenge their talented students to transform their passion into meaningful expression.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will develop, execute, and track initiatives by collaborating with Office of Communication and Marketing (OCM/MarComm) colleagues and stakeholders across campus to leverage content that will raise the visibility of the college with key audiences. This position is responsible for implementing paid and nonpaid marketing and digital advertising strategies that showcase the Pratt Institute story; the academic experience taking place in the studios and classrooms; student life; faculty achievements; fundraising initiatives; and the contributions of outstanding alumni in their field. The role requires someone who is able to incorporate digital marketing into a broader, comprehensive marketing/communications plan.
With the goal of building brand awareness and driving engagement, this person will leverage and, when needed, create high-quality content, and will report on metrics.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Content Development, the position requires someone who is organized, flexible, and a team player. The ideal candidate is a seasoned media specialist who knows how to tell compelling stories and can maximize the reach and performance of content across platforms.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies that raise awareness of the Institute by leveraging content created by OCM and maximizing the reach of the Institute's platforms with key audiences
- Work with the OCM team and clients across the Institute to develop strategies for external promotion, write copy, and reserve ad space with various media outlets on behalf of clients
- Create compelling and results-oriented engagement that drives traffic to: website, landing pages, forms, videos, etc.
- Engage with the administration, academic schools, fundraising and alumni teams, and colleagues within OCM to understand needs and relevant topics for content and promotional audiences and goals
- Manage the development and reporting of digital metrics (Google Analytics), setting standards, monitoring and tracking social media and other digital marketing analytics utilizing dashboards to optimize and enhance campaigns, measure progress, and maximize ROI; partner with the OCM team to evaluate results of digital campaigns; offer actionable insights based on campaign performance
- Assist campus clients with use of Google Analytics for their own marketing efforts
- Provide input for paid search and SEO strategies and tactics, working with the Social Media Coordinator and Senior Web Content Manager to achieve results
- Conduct and/or manage market research initiatives as needed
- Ensure all digital work is consistent with the established brand guidelines and meets compliance standards
- Ensure best practices are followed in all areas of digital marketing; employ cutting-edge tactics to increase brand awareness among desired audiences
- Uphold Pratt's commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in communications and marketing efforts.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills as well as "demonstrated ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data"
- Perform other duties as needed
Bachelor's degree as well as superior writing, communication, and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
Required Skills and Abilities:
3-4 years of full-time experience in content marketing or digital media marketing within higher education/non-profit.
Proven track record of designing and executing high-impact digital marketing initiatives and campaigns.
Experience creating various types of content - posts, emails, newsletters, website, landing pages, calls-to-action, etc.
Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects in busy office environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills, service orientation, and ability to handle situations with diplomacy and a professional demeanor at all times.
Proficiency in Google Analytics and knowledge of social media management apps/software.
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs required; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred. CMS experience and MailChimp experience helpful.
Basic knowledge and understanding of fine art, design, and/or architecture industries preferred.
Highly self-motivated, highly productive, results-oriented, positive can-do attitude, analytical, team player, detail-oriented, and organized.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yzgvtg8tkqzqm9w8