Graduate Lab Coordinator, TSS, MICA
- Full Time
Oversee the daily operation of the Graduate Research Lab's Print Lab, Computer Lab and Checkout Desk. Position requires a 35 hour per a week commitment with the potential for evening and weekend availability.
Summary of Essential Functions:
Reporting to the Grad Lab Manager, this position is a key customer-service and operational position in serving MICA's graduate student population and all Graduate Programs. The Grad Lab is an essential element of the MICA student experience and it is of utmost importance that the Grad Lab functions smoothly and efficiently. The Grad Lab Coordinator Serves as the first point of contact for Graduate Research Lab's Print Lab, Main Lab, Resource Rooms, and Checkout Desk. Ensures the smooth operation of all equipment associated with Grad Lab resources. Coordinate and manage Print Lab and Checkout Desk staff. Work closely with the Graduate Research Lab Manager to insure the current and future violability of the Graduate Research Lab.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and insure the proper operations of the Graduate Research Labs Checkout Desk, Print Lab, Computer Lab, Resource Rooms and all associated AV and Computing equipment
- Oversee the daily operation of the Print Lab, Resource Rooms and Checkout Desk
- Manage part-time and student workers, including assisting with identifying and hiring
- Proactive communication, management and planning in ensuring the Grad Lab is operating at full capacity
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Maintain and insure the proper operation of online equipment checkout system
- On-board new checkout equipment
- Coordinate/perform the repair/replacement of damaged/outdated equipment
- Purchase consumables
- Help Coordinate annual workshop series
- Keep usage metrics
- Provide consultative/troubleshooting support for students using the Graduate Research Lab facilities
- Coordinate with the Graduate Research Lab Manager to provide adaptive/innovative technical resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Collaborative and open mind-set
- Familiarity and high competence and comfort level with equipment, troubleshooting, providing support and instruction
- High level of customer service and flexibility
- Ability to analyze and suggest process improvements
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Digital and Electronic Arts, information technology or comparable professional experience.
- Proficiency with both Mac and PC platforms
- Proficiency with the hardware and software associated with the production of: Video, Audio, 3D Animation, VR, AR, Electronics Hacking, Script, Programming and Interactive Media Projects
- Experience with large format ink jet printers and implementing color management systems
- Must have foundational AV equipment knowledge
- Must have excellent customer service and partnership skills and the ability to work under time constraints and in peak activity times
- Must be able to solve technical problems quickly
- Must be resourceful, and able to perform complex tasks
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor and work with a diverse population
- Ability to understand the role of technology in teaching and art making
- Master's degree in Digital and electronic arts and/or information technology or related field.
- Basic IT certifications such as: Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), ITIL Foundations, etc.
- Experience repairing computers and or AV equipment
- Proficiency with Webcheckout
- Proficiency with web Content Management Systems
Reporting to this position:
Multiple positions in from of both PTE's and PTSE's
Conditions of Employment:
- Conditions: Background Check
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. (may be adjusted depending on position)
- Work environment: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Required training: Handbook orientation, Anti-Harassment, Hazard Communication, Emergency Plans & Fire Prevention, Personal Protection Equipment. (additional training may be added, SEE: EHS Manager training schedule)
Visit https://micahr.slideroom.com to apply
As part of our ongoing efforts to create a more equitable and inclusive campus community, MICA is committed to diversifying its faculty and is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the equity and excellence of our academic community. People of color, people from underrepresented groups, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
MICA is an equal opportunity employer. As an educational institution dedicated to individual development in the visual arts, MICA nurtures, supports, and celebrates diversity in all of its forms including aesthetic, cultural, and philosophical and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, socio-economic status, and marital status. This requires that the College develops and maintains a diverse community of trustees, administration, staff, faculty, and students; and that diversity is a fundamental philosophic value that informs the content of all of its programs and activities. MICA's commitment to diversity prepares its graduates to excel professionally and assume leadership roles in a global context.
MICA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 410-225-2363.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7b7hbtp85wf34szt