Social Media Editor
- Full Time
Foreign Policy (FP) is recruiting a full-time Social Media Editor to manage our social channels, produce bespoke content, and oversee audience engagement and growth. The Social Media Editor will have a great—and demonstrated—interest in the wide-ranging work we do, ranging from foreign policy to economics. The right candidate will have a vision for how FP should communicate with its subscribers on social media, and an ability to parse audience data and trends. We’re a collaborative team so candidates need to work well with others and be ready to participate fully in our newsroom operations.
- Manage FP’s social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Instagram, and more
- Work closely with our editorial team to promote FP content, and to create bespoke data, infographics, and imagery for social media
- Help lead audience growth across the digital ecosystem
- Partner with our data analytics lead to identify themes and trends resonating with our audience, reporting back to all relevant groups
- Stay on top of emerging digital and social products, best practices, changes in the social ecosystem, and ensuring that we are at the forefront of innovation
- Manage relationships with social media vendors
- A substantive understanding of social media strategy and operations
- Prior social media experience
- Background and/or demonstrated interest in what Foreign Policy is about
- Ability to work across a variety of platforms. Able to collaborate with other team members
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.