Director, CNN Tech Training
- Full Time
***This is one position being filled in either Atlanta or New York***
The Director of CNN Tech Training will manage curriculum to ongoing CNN needs, and ensure training is in the right format and delivered in a dynamic, effective manner. S/he will achieve success by collaborating with CNN leadership to ensure CNN Tech Training output is aligned with business priorities.
The Director, CNN Technology Training is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of CNN technology training including the performance of the team.
S/he partners with CNN HR and Turner People Development, staying contemporary on the entire training and teaching portfolio at Turner.
The Director partners to avoid duplicated efforts, to best leverage CNN Tech Training knowledge, and partner with Turner when deemed possible based on bandwidth and knowledge base.
S/he ensures CNN Tech Training staff remains contemporary in cross-functional expertise, and that the training staff workload and effectiveness are well managed.
The Director manages project workload in relation to training and video tutorial production.
S/he evaluates new learning trends, designs, devices, and techniques for the CNN Tech Training department.
S/he must be able assimilate and prioritize business requirements and lead the technology team through implementation with an eye towards technology choices that enable product and business agility.
The Director, CNN Tech Training stays contemporary on both how to train, and how CNN employees best learn.
S/he manages and supervises all administrative needs of CNN Tech Training.
The Director has excellent ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task and work within tight deadlines. Provide leadership and management for special events as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree.
- Experience must include knowledge of and hands on experience with personnel management.
- Excellent communication and project management skills required.
- Demonstrated exposure and utilization of learning, such as continuing Ed Classes, passports [if CNN employee], post graduate work, extra night courses, online training, professional certifications in the learning field or on applicable curriculum, etc.
- Networking and relationship prowess vital to stay contemporary to the true training needs of CNN and keeping the CNN Tech Training team time and expertise in the proper areas.
- Must be a leader with 3-5 years' experience in managing a team with the ability to grow a training staff into a dynamic force that has a training impact as CNN has a news impact.
- The ideal candidate is someone who takes initiative and can be self-directed.
- Able to work with CNN Tech Training management team for an effective leadership team, all informed and all contributing to the growth of this team and of its impact at CNN.
- Must be able to readily navigate all key CNN and Turner stakeholders in an effective, polished fashion, both for relevance and positive brand take away of the CNN Tech Training team.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.