CNN Hair & Makeup Artist
- Full Time
The CNN Hair & Make-Up Artist is responsible for airbrush and manual application of makeup to enhance the features of CNN talent and guests in a manner that provides outstanding customer service. In addition, s/he will be responsible for completing all hair-styling for clients, including blow-drying, round-brushing, curling, straightening, volumizing, and final styling.
The Hair & Make-Up Artist keeps up with the specifics for and desires of regular clients.
Continual research of the latest techniques, styles, and products, is critical to the position to ensure the best on-air look for CNN.
In addition to working in the hair and makeup room, the artist will also visit sets (both onsite and offsite) for application, styling and touch-ups.
S/he will be responsible for the completion of daily client logs.
The Hair & Make-Up artist will be responsible for attending ongoing training, both on and offsite.
This position requires weekend work and scheduling flexibility as hours will shift due to changing programming demands.
**Must be flexible as this role requires weekend work and supports a 24/7 business **
- The successful applicant will ideally have at least three years' makeup and hairstyling experience and well as airbrushing/HDTV experience.
- Experienced in dealing with high-profile talent is preferred.
- Esthetician or cosmetologist license, or certified training from an accredited school/salon, or equivalent required.
- Must be willing to become or stay licensed/certified as requested.
- Must be able to effectively and diplomatically communicate with clients to quickly resolve any issues that arise, as well as to provide the best possible customer service.
- A friendly and outgoing demeanor is required.
- Creativity is a must in both seeking ways to improve service for clients, as well as adapting to changing methods and techniques.
- Capable of maintaining high performance in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Successful applicant will can maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Outlook required.
- Proactive work ethic towards constantly improving the hair & makeup room experience for clients is a must.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.