CNN Digital Operations Trainer
- Full Time
The CNN Tech Trainer equips CNN storytellers worldwide to Go There. We deliver live, distance and on-demand learning on technology and technical workflows for employees worldwide. Our focus is capability development: to build and deliver agile, engaging content and experiences, creating responsive solutions that equip CNN'ers with the operational skills essential to our storytelling. We are seeking a trainer focused on our Digital newsgathering and operations. The position will build, design and deliver training internally. This position is also responsible for providing training and support to CNN's newsgathering and technical operations.
The CNN Tech Trainer will embed with CNN Digital to build, develop and deliver relevant training.
S/he will deliver engaging in-person, instructor-led trainings in a classroom setting, as well as more informal one-on-one trainings virtually, in the classroom or in the field.
The CNN Tech Trainer will develop dynamic, timely content and training videos for internal use; keep our content up to date and create digital content that can live evergreen where and when appropriate.
S/he will participate in research and development, user testing and troubleshooting of systems.
The Tech Trainer should be thinking outside of the box on learning and learning tools.
S/he will learn and teach multiple applications at one time.
The Trainer will manage multiple assignments simultaneously within specific deadlines, both under direction and autonomously.
S/he will take ownership over projects from inception to dissemination and is detail oriented with the ability to scale and move quickly to drive results/action.
The Tech Trainer will keep curriculum and content fresh and relevant for CNN.
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate experience within a career in journalism.
- Prior experience in an application/technology/digital environment.
- Experience with Online Tutorial authoring tools and/or video content creation.
- Experience in workflow documentation.
- Technical aptitude with software platforms and web technologies.
- Familiarity with Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and Analytics, and/or quantifiable fluency in multiple new or emerging systems.
- Rock star level presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of news.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience in a broadcast and/or news environment a plus.
- Web development experience; HTML, CSS preferred.
- Prior teaching or training experience desired.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
- Previous experience authoring curriculum.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.