Sr. Writer, CNN International
- Full Time
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
Senior Writers are often the lead writers on their assigned shifts. They are expected to handle varied and complex story assignments.
Senior Writers, as well as all CNNI writers, must have the ability to turn in accurate scripts to Copy Editors according to network deadlines and style. A strong, conversational writing style is a requirement. Candidates must demonstrate an aptitude of the latest production technologies and techniques in enhancing scripts. Senior Writers are also frequently called upon to copy edit. Experience in this area is preferred.
**Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.**
- At least 7 years’ experience as a writer in broadcast (or other) journalism with demonstrated abilities beyond show writing, i.e. copy editing, show production, story production, long-form production.
- A working knowledge of international news is essential, and political news is preferred.
- The Senior Writer should have an ear to know what the anchor needs in scripts, and the flexibility to adapt. Experience with Viz Pilot is preferred.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective communication skills and the desire to mentor aspiring journalists.
- The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.