- Full Time
Do you want to work at a creative copywriting agency with an emphasis on cultivating writers to keep upping the ante? Can you see yourself writing insightful editorial pieces on behalf of a Fortune 100 brand—and feeling thrilled as your work goes viral? Does the thought of researching talent acquisition, AI, cancer prevention, and textiles—all in one delightful afternoon—thrill you to no end?
Great. You should probably apply for this job.
We're MarketSmiths, a creative copywriting agency based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We're looking for a full-time Copywriter to join our fun, tight-knit team.
Our motto is "Copywriting for Humans"—that means we turn complex B2B/tech info into writing that's engaging, actionable, and easy-to-understand. We hate boring corporate content, and we hope you do, too.
Here’s what we’d like from applicants:
- 2-3 years of professional writing experience of any kind.
- Crazy-good writing skills (duh) across a range of voices, formats, and topics, especially in technology, talent, finance, and B2B concerns.
- Ruthless logic and emotional empathy. You’re jazzed to learn about complex systems—and uncomplicate them for readers. You’re able to climb into a reader’s brain, pluck their heartstrings, and prompt urgency in their every cell. And if you can’t, you wouldn’t mind learning how.
- Accountability. Anything you’re assigned, you happily own. You live and die by your deadline. You admit mistakes—and don't usually make them twice.
- Insatiable curiosity. You legitimately love learning about new things, and picking up new skills. Here, the job creates years worth of lessons. And they’re rich lessons, indeed.
Here’s the job:
- You’ll be working full-time in our office. Occasional remote work is acceptable.
- You’ll write everything from editorial blog posts to website copy, white papers to email newsletters. You'll probably have a handful of client projects at once—across industries.
- You’ll liaise with clients directly, representing the company professionally, keeping clients updated while you carefully manage expectations.
- You’ll interview client and subject matter experts—and research things you know nothing about.
- You’ll collaborate with coworkers and larger teams. You'll often work on big projects alongside other writers, including outside editorial teams and partnering agencies.
- You’ll edit and revise your work and your coworkers’ work.
Here’s what you get:
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k
- Flexible workplace
- Health insurance
- A fun workplace with great people
Here’s how to apply:
Email careers@marketsmiths with your résumé and 3-5 of your strongest writing samples that demonstrate a range of topics and formats (articles, blog posts, and web copy samples are preferred). Your subject line should be “Copywriter Applicant Who Reads Closely” (just so we know you’re paying attention).
In the body of your email, tell us something about yourself that'll catch our attention, pique our interest, and make us remember you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for Copywriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly