Marketing & Communications Assistant
- Full Time
An independent luxury eyewear brand is looking for a Marketing & Communications Assistant to help increase awareness of its handmade eyewear throughout North and South America.
We are a fashion forward brand of luxury prescription glasses and sunglasses designed and produced in Berlin, Germany. Our brand was established more than 20 years ago and we quickly grew in popularity because each and every one of our frames features a one-of-a-kind, revolutionary screwless hinge system, which combined with high quality materials, makes our eyewear virtually indestructible. Our eyewear is designed with passion, produced with technical precision and handcrafted with love for men, women and everyone in between.
Our brand is extremely well-known throughout the optical industry and our wearers are incredibly loyal, lifelong fans. We’ve done a great job of communicating to the retailers that carry our glasses and now we want to kick things up a notch further within the industry, as well as amplifying our awareness among general consumers to drive demand at the retail level. We are currently seeking a Marketing & Communications Assistant to support us in these efforts.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, results-oriented, creative thinker with a passion for finding new avenues to elevate a brand and that has a love of writing, as well as an eye for design. That passion will be demonstrated as he/she supports and eventually leads the development of dynamic and engaging marketing & communications initiatives campaigns.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Support Director of Marketing and Communication in daily activities.
• Act as a liaison to our retail accounts for their marketing & communications needs. This includes activities like helping to activate trunk shows, sending out point-of-purchase materials, creating social media graphics or just simply answering their questions about our marketing & communications policies.
• Appraise how we can assist our retailers in marketing the brand better on a local level.
• Compile and maintain tool kits utilized by various audiences, keeping each updated with latest imagery and messaging.
• Maintain organization of the marketing warehouse.
• Create reports and presentations. Several reports are compiled on a monthly basis and the Marking & Communications Department also compiles a deck for and presents on each new collection that the brand launches.
• Design digital communications (e-blasts) highlighting new releases, product trends, etc., to be distributed to our retail accounts on a weekly basis. We like to keep our retailers in the know! These e-blasts are a mix of graphics and text that would need to be tailored for each topic.
• Devise an “editorial calendar” for digital communications to be distributed to retail accounts. We like to keep track of just what we are keeping our retailers in the know about and need to ensure that we are targeting them with the most engaging content in the most effective way possible.
• Assist in activation of all company events. We participate in two major national trade shows and an annual company-wide meeting – with a few other events sprinkled in throughout the year.
• Take an active role in launching company-led initiatives. Being a legacy brand, we like to concoct new ways for our retailers to experience our brand, so that we remain fresh, relevant and top-of-mind at all times.
• Support sales representatives in their marketing & communications needs. Our sales team is on the front line of our brand, so it’s important that they are up-to-date on the latest news and are presenting the brand to our retailers in a consistent and effective manner.
• Stay abreast of the current news cycle and propose ways for us to ride any relevant waves.
• Keep the team updated on retail, business and tech trends, breaking news and other interesting finds.
• Act as a point of contact for PR agency regarding their needs for press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Q&A’s, FAQ’s and the like.
• Coordinate with product placement companies to ensure they have the latest product to showcase.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelors degree, preferably in public relations, communications or related field – or equivalent experience
• Having 2-3 years of relevant public relations, communications or media experience
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong writer
• Diligent proofreader
• Comfortable with speaking on the phone
• Outstanding organizational skills and a self-starter
• Experience with design creation platforms (can be something as intuitive as Canva or as intricate as the Adobe programs, but an ability of how to bring graphics to life is key)
• Agency experience strongly preferred
In return, this Marketing & Communications Assistant will be an official employee of the company and will be provided with an annual salary, healthcare benefits, paid time off and 401K.
Apply for Marketing & Communications Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly