- Full Time
FiComm Partners is a communications consulting firm serving financial services companies, with a specialization in the independent financial advisory and wealth management communities. Our strategic communications programs include PR, content creation, creative services, and marketing support. FiComm Partners (“FiComm”) clients include independent financial advisors, independent registered investment advisory firms and companies that serve this rapidly growing market. At FiComm Partners, our competitive advantage is built on the strength of our relationships and our reputation in the industry, our enjoyment working with each other and for what we do, and our desire to build a new and improved communications approach. Our culture is entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fully engaged which we maintain by investing in highly motivated, passionate people interested in being a part of something different and exciting.
FiComm has offices in New York and Los Angeles; this position can be based in either office, with some travel required.
We’re looking for a self-directed Art Director to support our ever-growing number of creative initiatives, offering initial direction and managing execution through a mix of hands-on design and freelancer/contractor oversight. The Art Director will be directly involved with multiple creative projects at once which may include website art direction, overall look and feel of client brands, specific elements to support brand building and marketing including designing email, collateral, digital pitchbooks, and more. We consider ourselves innovators and influencers; it is critical that this individual understand and be aware of trends in the industry and new ideas for design and presentation. Someone with a successful track record of graphic design who enjoys a mix of designing and project management will excel in this role.
The Art Director works hand in hand with the Marketing team to offer insight and direction on client priorities, taking the lead on providing insightful and fresh ideas to help energize campaigns and improve the value of ongoing strategic work. This role will also serve as a cross-functional team player, working with various teams across the company.
- Offer innovative and fresh graphic design ideas to make client collateral and brands stand out—hands-on design skills plus the ability to oversee freelance designers as necessary
- Manage day-to-day creative requests, ensuring deliverables are on budget and within timelines.
- Serve as the primary in-house day-to-day contact for creative and content development, offering design perspective and direction on look and feel; fielding questions, clarifying requirements, explaining complex ideas clearly, and managing overall expectations
- Support marketing managers with ongoing input and advice; develop an understanding of client business models and priorities to suggest new ideas and campaigns that help clients stand out and reach business goals
- Represent FiComm’s creative expertise during discovery meetings with clients, sharing best practices and new ideas
- Develop and support processes to streamline creative development and production
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals, and delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members and vendors
- Insightful creative conceptualization, with proven ability to communicate ideas
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of video production workflows
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Required MAC proficiency and Adobe Creative Suite; solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work successfully within a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Customer-facing experience, and the customer service skills to match—this role will support marketing managers as lead for client contact, but must have client conversation skills and the ability to put clients at ease and feel their projects are in good hands
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to delegate and oversee contract resources
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in-office with the use of a company computer and office phone line.
Travel is required 25-40% of time to attend client events, discovery meetings, and/or industry-related conferences.
Apply for Art Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly