Executive Producer Digital Media
- Full Time
Among other duties, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Work in conjunction with management to coordinate the daily digital expectations and hold team accountable for meeting goals.
- Supervise daily work of digital content producers.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to optimize site for SEO.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and implement projects/initiatives relating to our station brand.
- Work closely with other EP of Digital and Digital Content Manager on overall station strategy and implementation.
- High level of self-motivation and organization.
- Strong copy editing and content creation skills.
- Reviews web videos, stories and social media posts to ensure traffic optimization.
- Utilizes live analytics to respond to traffic drivers, identify traffic holes and opportunities for swift response.
- Work with News reporters, photographers, producers, sales team, local programming and other departments to develop and post materials on the website, mobile platforms and social media using strategies created by the station.
- Participate in the creative development, technical implementation and curation of online content for the website and related digital platforms.
- Able to communicate clearly and be a champion of digital strategies and action plans.
- Strong writing background with knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Proven track record with content management systems, Facebook,Twitter, other social platforms, analytics, non-linear video editing and basic HTML.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, divert from the plan and work under pressure.
- Leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to take market research and turn into action plans.
- OTT understanding and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced newsroom
- At least 1 year management/leadership experience
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.