Digital Communications Officer
- Full Time
About PCI Media (www.pcimedia.org)
PCI Media is a fast-growing, high impact NGO with a mission to empower communities worldwide to inspire positive social and environmental change through storytelling and creative communication. Together with our partners around the world, over the last 34 years we have produced more than 5,000 episodes of 100 television and radio productions, reaching more than one billion people in over 50 countries. Our internationally acclaimed, award-winning campaigns include compelling narratives and unforgettable characters that provide vital information and that change attitudes and behavior on critical social, health and environmental issues. The power of broadcast media and world-class storytelling have proved to be a winning combination for PCI Media in Asia, Africa, Caribbean and the Americas.
About the Position:
PCI Media seeks to hire a Digital Communications Officer to support the Communication Team in both programmatic and institutional content creation and management. They will be responsible for maintaining and improving our online presence (web and social channels) in accordance with our brand identity. They will also work to design web and social channel content for projects on a case-by-case basis, designing and developing new sites in association with clients, project managers and the Director of Communications.
We are looking for a social media wiz with exceptional design skills. The Digital Communication Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day updating of our website and social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and others). Candidates should have a passion for our media-centered, community-driven social change approach, and the experience to effectively shape and promote the online narrative of this 32-year-old international non-profit.
At the PCI Media Impact headquarters, we have the unique positioning to manage high-level relationships with thought leaders in the field of Communications for Development from UN agencies, civil society and government, while also gaining direct access to community-level beneficiaries and implementers of our diverse programs. Successful candidates should be able to reflect the high quality of the work we do in our projects at a corporate level.
The Communications Officer is responsible for working closely with the Director of Communications to produce innovative and compelling content which will work across a wide variety of platforms. The Officer will furthermore engage with our visitors and followers, as required, to promote interactivity and sharing.
The person who holds this position should have the technical skills in CMS (Content Management Systems) and web development software/platforms, to be able to build on and maintain our website and other project-based websites. They should have experience in analytics and search engine optimization, and proved ability in translating such data into responsive and targeted content.
- Manage the technical aspects of our website and other web-based platforms.
- Develop and produce multimedia micro-content and print media using new or existing (programmatic) inputs to align with the organizational brand and disseminate on a variety of online channels.
- Provide input and support to project teams and colleagues in developing and maintaining web-based content for programs, campaigns and proposals and in the layout and preparation of documents.
- With guidance from the Director of Communications, create and post regular updates on social media, and manage online interactions.
- Provide input and support on new communication tools and technologies.
- Organize and maintain digital products, photos, videos
- 3+ years of experience working in Visual Communication, Design, Content Production
- Expert knowledge of design, editing and postproduction processes and software (especially the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, etc) , Final Cut, WordPress and other standard web CMS).
- Exceptional knowledge of and experience in managing social media for an organization.
- Strong knowledge and experience in CMS, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and promoted content.
- Knowledge of programming/coding/webmastering desirable.
- Strong proofreader
- Very organized
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work with external partners and vendors.
- Ability to manage a complex workload and work on high paced, tight deadlines.
- Knowledge in the field of Communications for Development and/or Entertainment-Education programs preferred.
Please email your detailed CV and cover letter. Please include “Digital Communications Officer” in the subject line of your email.