Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 29770
Publicist, Random House Children’s Books
Random House Children’s Books seeks an energetic and book passionate Publicist to join its Publicity team. This person will oversee his/her own publicity campaigns for authors and illustrators of picture books, middle-grade and YA novels, as well as possible brand programs; and will also support senior members of the team on campaigns. The person in this role will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with authors and illustrators; pitching and securing media across a variety of trade and consumer outlets; as well as overseeing event bookings including setting up national tours, festival, school and in-store appearances. Knowledge of and interest in the media landscape, as well as growing relationships with book reviewers, magazine editors and bloggers are must-haves; in addition to knowledge of using social media in book publicity. Internally, the role will interact closely with Marketing, Sales and Editorial teams, and externally the role will entail working hand-in-hand with authors/illustrators.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of publicity experience; experience in book publishing, particularly the children’s and YA market, is highly preferred. We are looking for someone with high energy and enthusiasm for children’s books, and who can conceptualize creative out-of-the-box ideas for securing coverage for our authors/illustrators and brands.
* Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle confidential information with discretion.
* High sense of urgency and ability to problem-solve calmly in emergency situations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Able to represent the division and travel to author and/or festival appearances nationwide as needed.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including: Outlook, Word, Excel.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.