iOS Software Engineer
- Full Time
You’ve been building iOS apps for years. You’ve spent some time with Objective-C but are happy to work mostly with Swift. You wish automated testing was easier but still advocate for a test-driven development approach. You enjoy prototyping new ideas just to see if they’ll actually work. You frequently take the lead on important projects and have strong opinions on team process. You’ve dabbled with Android a bit and maybe you’ve even written and deployed an API to the cloud.
You’re also a news junkie. You get push notifications from several news apps when something newsworthy happens. You might have even published a few pieces yourself. You’re looking for more than just another engineering job. You firmly believe in the public mission of journalism and its importance in our society. You want your work to have an impact.
Come join our team at The Wall Street Journal!
We’re looking for you to:
- Design, develop, and test mobile applications for The Wall Street Journal.
- Work closely with journalists, designers, data scientists, product managers and other engineers to build innovative solutions to current and future newsroom challenges.
- Help set technical direction and long-term strategy for future mobile initiatives.
- Play an active role in the product development process.
- Keep an eye on technical innovations and changing trends in the mobile landscape.
We’d like you to have:
- 2-3 years native iOS development experience.
- A strong background in software engineering and web technologies. Previous experience with at least one modern web platform (Node.js, Rails, PHP) is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with API design for highly scalable services.
- A natural curiosity and desire to understand and even contribute to the entire technology stack.
- A passion for storytelling and creativity to introduce new ideas and technologies. If you have a background in journalism, even better!
If this describes you, then we’d love to talk to you!
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: IT Development Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 15871