Executive Administrative Assistant with Great Communication Skills
- Full Time
About our company: Boutique small business dedicated to helping individuals, families and companies tame the chaos in their lives, so that they can make their unique contribution. We produce books, articles, online content, coaching, speeches, and training programs throughout the US and globally, on the topics of organizing space, time, people and projects.
About the position: The Executive Administrative Assistant requires a resourceful individual with great people skills and the ability to think three steps ahead. Serving as the true right hand to a creative professional, our ideal candidate possesses that rare blend of both right and left brained skills. A great communicator who is ALSO great at logistics. Highly organized, YET flexible, able to spin on a dime with grace, with excellent record keeping, follow up and tracking skills.
Qualifications: The Executive Administrative Assistant plays a critical role on a small, but dynamic and powerful team. Our ideal candidate…..
- Must have prior experience working in a micro-business (< 5 employees).
- Be a creative problem solver able to manage multiple projects with limited supervision all the while ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
- Accuracy, speed in completing assignments, ability to understand the nuances of conversations and communications and a warm, clear, focused, communication style a must.
- Passion for making an impact in the world, providing top tier client service and having variety in your day will make you a great match for this position.
- B.A. or B.S. (completed or in progress) in related discipline – communication, public relations, marketing, journalism, business, entrepreneurship, political science.
- Experience working in a small business environment, with direct client contact.
- 2+ years providing administrative support to entrepreneur or small business owner.
- Computer and social media savvy, proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, G Suite (mail, calendar and drive). PC & Mac. Basic knowledge of Contact & mail programs Insightly, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey. Image editing and Adobe suite a plus
Job Responsibilities: Include tasks associated with the following categories (but not limited to):
- Front-line Liaison. Serve as primary point of contact between company and high-level clients, fans, media, and business associates Field requests, provide relevant information, generate correspondence and ensure all interested parties stay informed of important activities.
- Schedule Management. Manage calendar; strategically book appointments, track and block time for to-do’s, and arrange itineraries to maximize time and boost efficiency.
- Meeting Prep & Follow Up. Clarify purpose of each meeting, assemble relevant materials, generate briefing documents and talking points, type meeting recaps, ensure timely execution of all follow ups for client sessions, speaking gigs, media appearances and business meetings.
- Media and Marketing Support. Pre-screen media requests, book and coordinate interviews, track coverage, obtain media clips and produce monthly media reports. Initiate sharing of significant media, appearances and testimonials with followers and business team through social media posts and keeping book tour page on website up to date. Ensure timely production of blog schedule and e-newsletters, providing drafting/editorial support as needed.
- Speech and Workshop Coordination. Order and ensure delivery of books, workshop materials, A/V. Coordinate travel and event logistics, including the creation of thorough itineraries. Collect and process audience feedback forms, testimonials and follow ups.
- Office Management. Ensure the preservation and easy access to information systems for efficient operation of company. Excellent record keeping, keeping all drives, files, contact lists, and office organized. Coordinate with bookkeeper, make bank deposits, check mail, order gifts, flowers, prepare and send out packages, etc.
Company Location: 23rd & Park Ave New York, NY
Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-6:30pm
Salary: 45-50K. Benefits Bonuses, Health, Dental, Vision, 2 weeks vacation, Holidays
Job Category: Client Services and Consulting, Book Publishing, Media/Social Media, Marketing, Public Relations