Penguin Random House Publisher Services is seeking a Managing Editor who will work with our client Kodansha Comics, a manga imprint that publishes more than 160 titles, as well as various box sets and special projects, each year. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Production Manager.
* Work with Operations, Editorial, and Publishing departments to set publication dates, set up new titles, and maintain publishing schedules.
* Request books, art files, and other materials from licensors as necessary to produce English editions.
* Send materials and assign deadlines to freelance translators, letterers, and proofreaders, adjusting schedules as necessary.
* Send art files and dust jackets to cover designer and manage cover design schedule and process.
* Ensure team is aware of upcoming deadlines via weekly meetings and up-to-date Filemaker database.
* Other duties as assigned.
* At least three years of experience in editorial or relevant project management role (in publishing preferred)
* Excellent project management and organizational skills
* Filemaker, SAP, and Microsoft Office competence preferred
* Familiarity with manga/comics
* Ability to communicate clearly and specifically across different departments
* Japanese language ability and/or experience with Japanese or other international business a plus but not required
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.