- Full Time
SurvivorNet is the gold standard for information about cancer and a dedicated community, the #survivornetfamily, is springing up around us. We are looking for a great writer to tell the stories of these amazing people and the news they care about.
We are a well-funded early stage company founded by media executives who have run national platforms at ABC, CNN, and Fox and health care entrepreneurs who have led some of the most exciting advances in cancer treatment.
Thoughtful, conversational prose and extraordinary attention to facts and detail are a requirement. A large degree of empathy and a passion for medicine and science will also be very relevant in this role.
- The ideal candidate has the ability, and desire, to tell a great story
- Two-three years experience as a writer for a digital publication
- Ability to work on deadline
- An excellent work ethic, the ability to assimilate information, and the maturity to handle a fast paced start-up environment with tight deadlines and a high volume of work
- Interest/experience in journalism, health, news, and story telling is a plus.
- We place a high value on creativity, meticulousness, energy, and the ability to solve problems and invent solutions. In return, you'll get to be a key part of an exciting new company that's going to have a big impact.
This is a freelance position taking place primarily on-site, with occasional remote work a possibility. We want to make sure you can spend significant time in our headquarters, which is located in New York's Soho neighborhood.
Apply for Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly