Producer, HLN Morning Express
- Full Time
This is our story
HLN is an integral part of CNN Worldwide, the network features live coverage of national, regional, lifestyle, and entertainment news in a fast-paced approachable format. HLN is best known for news by day and mystery by night, featuring stories that make us think more, feel more, want more. We are HLN.
What part will you play?
The HLN Producer is responsible for all assigned content within a program - including but not limited to copy, tape and graphical elements, and fonts.
What will you be doing?
When line producing, they are responsible for managing all aspects of the rundown (opens, teases, assignments, timing, etc.) and communication with reporters about story focus and element selection.
In the control room, Producers are expected to take initiative to effectively manage the rundown, segments and problem-solve on the spot.
The HLN Producer is also expected to take a leadership model regarding editorial decision making, attitude, and conduct.
S/he keeps the network mantra of popular, trusted, and investigative at the forefront to drive ratings, they consistently pitch stories and guests.
The Producer is expected to know how to PKG produce and have a vast working knowledge of all aspects of television production.
Producers may be called on to manage remote field assignments with network talent.
S/he is expected to keep viewers first in all content that is produced - from creative presentation to banners to element selection and tone.
Lastly, they should regularly review content and look for areas of improvement; create action plan with the Executive Producer.
**Must be able to work overnight/early morning hours**
What do we need from you?
- 3 years show producing at a local station or network, or 2 years as a writer/producer at CNN or HLN.
- Live breaking news and control room experience required.
- Must be able to enterprise segments and execute.
- Experience working with a planning team to generate concepts.
- Line producing background.
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgment a must.
- Field producing, post production package producing and ability to copy edit scripts for air all a plus. Positive attitude and ability to grasp specific show and network editorial missions.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.