Writer/Producer, HLN On The Story
- Full Time
HLN is an integral part of CNN Worldwide. The network features live coverage of national, regional, lifestyle, and entertainment news in a fast-paced approachable format. HLN is best known for news by day and mystery by night, featuring stories that make us think more, feel more, want more. We are HLN.
Writer/Producers at HLN are entry-level writers in the newsroom. They write and produce accurate, compelling, and relevant segments and teases to help grow ratings. They are expected to also consistently write accurate, urgent, and compelling banners for all segments.
Writer/Producers should take initiative to engage all newsgathering partners when building segments. They are expected to keep viewers first in all content that is produced - from creative presentation to banners to element selection and tone. They should also regularly review content and look for areas of improvement; create action plan with the show executive producer. Lastly, Writer/Producers are expected to consistently pitch stories and guests that make it to air.
- Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Able to adapt program during breaking news or adapt to anchor style.
- Must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision: able to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.