Branded Content Lead
- Full Time
Atlas Obscura is looking for an accomplished content producer to join our Brooklyn-based advertising and brand partnerships team. This is an internal role responsible for the post-sale execution of campaigns that the team develops with our DMO (Destination Marketing Organization) and brand partners. You should be a creative brain and a top-notch project manager with deep understanding of digital content, remarkable editing and writing skills, a well-developed freelancer network, and a commitment to excellence. You should also be excited by Atlas Obscura’s mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
What you will do:
- Lead the execution and development of complex, creative branded content programs, including written, video, audio, experiential, multimedia, and social content programs.
- Deliver content programs that embody the spirit of Atlas’ brand and meet advertiser objectives.
- Contribute to cross-team brainstorms, applying your content and creative expertise to help ideate and position advertiser programs.
- Recruit and oversee freelancers working across digital media fields.
- Research, write, and develop content pieces as needed for advertiser programs.
- Create, refine, and templatize pitch decks and marketing materials.
- Project manage internal branded-content processes and timelines across teams, and work with the rest of the team to develop client-facing deliverables.
- Develop detailed content plans and budgets, treatments, video and photo shot lists, and event recaps.
- Build systems of cross-team collaboration to ensure timely, high-quality delivery of all elements of content programs.
- Creative storyteller with content skills across platforms.
- Journalist-level writing and editing skills.
- Expertise in emerging digital content platforms and technologies as well as a deep understanding of content distribution strategies.
- Ability to execute programs that deliver on client KPIs and to quickly shift gears.
- Ability to develop and execute content programs that tie together Atlas’ experiential, editorial, and social platforms.
- Deep understanding of marketer and advertiser KPIs, data-driven solutions, and the ever-evolving digital media space.
- Cross-functional project management experience with emphasis on attention to detail and timely delivery of project elements.
- Experience managing budgets and directing freelancers.
- 4-plus years experience in journalism or in creative, media, or brand strategy, ideally at a digital publisher or agency.
- Experience with Keynote a plus.
- Ability to work in a small team and take leadership and ownership of projects.
Compensation is competitive and includes commission and equity. Benefits for full-time employees include flexible time off, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
To apply, please email with “Branded Content Lead” in the subject line, and include a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
Apply for Branded Content Lead
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly