Senior Associate, Communications (Multimedia Producer)
- Full Time
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance Pew's reputation. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes in order to ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew's resources.
This position, based in Pew's Washington, DC office, reports to the project director, communications and is a member of the Pew communications staff supporting Living Facts, a new initiative focused on expanding our distribution of facts and data through a variety of tactics. Primary responsibilities include: serving as the team's multimedia strategist, producer, and editor. This role will oversee the development of new video series from conception to distribution, working closely with project staff and external video production resources. He or she will also advise on the best uses of video and potentially audio to advance project goals.
The position has a set time frame that could be extended based on the success of the program, funding sources, and board decisions on continued support.
- Lead strategic planning for video and potentially audio storytelling from conception to distribution.
- Create concepts for new digital video series that engages target audiences and meets project goals.
- Oversee all phases of video production, from pre-to post production, including writing pitches, treatments and scripts, overseeing studio and field shoots, creating shot lists, scouting and booking talent and locations, conducting research and interviews, and implementing cuts and graphics.
- Closely manage the work of external video production resources, such as A/V technicians, freelancers or production crews.
- Optimize videos for different social media platforms, particularly YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create and oversee an efficient process for vetting and approval of video and audio content proposals from the beginning of a project to completion.
- Assess performance of multimedia content and adjust strategies as needed.
- Develop innovative and creative opportunities to distribute multimedia assets, in collaboration with the project team.
- Bachelor's degree required; related graduate degree desirable.
- At least four years of hands-on relevant multimedia production experience, preferably at a digital publisher, government agency or non-profit organization.
- Strong digital storytelling skills with a creative vision that is both inspired and relevant.
- Experience producing and editing narrative video; animation experience a plus.
- Experience managing all aspects of video production, from conception to delivery.
- Extensive experience with editing on Adobe Premiere.
- Proficiency in graphic design, particularly in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in motion graphics, particularly in AfterEffects preferred.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Audio production experience preferred.
- Strong project-management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a deadline-driven environment. Flexible and able to routinely juggle multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines and work in teams to meet project goals.
- Ability to develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders and approach issues with a nonpartisan, objective mindset.
- Attention to detail, including exacting standards to maintain accuracy in all work products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimal to no travel expected for the position.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.