Social Discovery Producer - CNN (New York City or Atlanta)
- Full Time
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Are you passionate about social media and keen to progress your career with the #1 social news outlet in the US, with more fans and followers than any other competitor?
CNN is seeking a motivated candidate for a Social Discovery Writer / Producer based in Atlanta or New York, who will be part of CNN's Global Social Discovery team.
What part will you play?
The position is responsible for discovering, newsgathering, verifying, and delivering user-generated content, identifying bubbling social trends, debunking what inaccurate news may be spreading on social platforms, writing social stories and having your finger on the pulse of social conversations that can be turned into compelling content for CNN's social, digital and television platforms.
What will you be doing?
As Social Discovery Writer/Producer you will have a big focus on tracking global social trends around the world, clearing content on social media platforms during breaking news and developing social strategies for CNN's top news stories of the day and how those stories are developing and resonating on social platforms.
- You will be expected to write engaging, timely stories that are smart, social angles which could resonate with our CNN audience.
- You will also be a strong liaison between the Social Discovery team and CNN's International and Domestic newsgathering teams.
- You must be knowledgeable on various social media platforms and have a keen eye for discovering the next trending story or social conversation resonating on a variety of topics.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate career journalism experience.
- Significant experience working in a digital newsroom environment.
- Strong newsgathering, social verification and editing skills, fluency in social publishing and analytics.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
- Fluency in social media platforms globally.
- You should be able to work all shifts including weekends.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.