We are seeking an Associate Manager or Manager to join the Penguin Random House International Sales and Marketing team. This critical role oversees the sales operations side of the department and is responsible for managing and tracking the international sales goals, coordinating international shipping schedules and resolving general operational issues. Along with liaising between the international marketing team and the imprint sales managers to identify key titles for the market, the position will also provide instant snapshots of how titles are performing in the marketplace.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
* Managing daily, weekly, and ad hoc order and sales tracking grids on select titles.
* Managing export edition print runs, inventory, international affidavit processes, and estimates for all divisions.
* Providing sales managers and directors with comp info and other necessary data in order to maximize sales growth.
* Tracking inventory on managed titles and determining appropriate distribution on low stock.
* Working with sales administration and the warehouse on early releases and shipping key titles.
* Communicating and following up with sales reps regarding missing orders and necessary deadlines while contacting customer service and the warehouse to resolve ordering and freight issues.
* Managing, tracking, and communicating reprint and reorder information for department managers and directors.
* Managing and applying international special prices in the system.
* Preparing reports for and attending department meetings, publisher meetings, launches, conferences, and teleconference.
* Managing data feed inquires on behalf of international customers.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.