Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
POSITION SUMMARY AND GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Marketing Manager, Account Development is responsible for account development with the primary objectives of maintaining customer satisfaction, monitoring usage, triggering sales leads and preparing upselling opportunities with key accounts. The Marketing Manager, Account Development is closely aligned with a regional sales team ensuring that the optimal approach to the customer is achieved. Additionally, the Marekting Manager, Account Development should aim to be seen as a trusted advisor by both the customer and the sales team. Customer Engagement Marketing is part of the Global Sales team, the Marketing Manager, Account Development is commercially minded and focused on achieving broad sales and CRM goals.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers further to ensure loyalty and increase share of wallet.
- Determine and analyze needs of key customers; partner internally and externally to deploy marketing actions to meet these needs.
- Monitor and drive customer usage and satisfaction with Springer products.
- Develop and conduct customer focused training programs.
- Develop new tactics and ways of analysis to best address the various issues faced by customers.
- Enhance objection handling information based on knowledge gained.
- Instigate and prepare up-selling opportunities using web analytics tools, market research and customer relationship marketing tactics.
- Align strongly with the sales group to create added value and build the ongoing relationship with the account and ensure follow up on customer needs.
- Develop image as a trusted advisor to customers and sales, and work towards being seen as an industry expert within the STM community.
- Launch new eProducts (e.g. e-Book archive) successfully with your key accounts to create early adopters.
- Work with customers across all markets Academic, Government and Corporate.
- Adhoc projects as needed
- Minimal 3 years’ experience in account development or related marketing/sales experience.
- Education on an Academic level in marketing or business is required.
- Multi-cultural awareness.
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of English.
- Must possess previous Account Development experience within Scientific, Technical and Medical (STM) industry.
- Product and/or Library marketing experience preferred.
- Experience working with sales organizations preferred.
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, communication skills and a desire to work in a high-energy, goal-oriented environment.
- The position requires the ability to work independently, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, anticipate required activities/tasks, and work according to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proven to define and lead projects, experience in developing long-term product strategies & roadmaps.
- Strong communication / negotiation skills
- Financially aware and analytical
- Ability to partner with different levels and units throughout the organization
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, approximately 40%.
- Commercially minded with a strong drive for success.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Customer focus and ability to build customer loyalty.
- Presentation and Training skills. Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- In-depth knowledge of library community and electronic products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.