Bilingual Video Producer, CNBC + Acorns
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, the country’s fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The Bilingual Video Producer will write, book, shoot and edit original informational and educational digital video, focused on personal finance and investing and aligned with an optimistic target brand voice. The Producer will create bilingual content to execute the strategy set by the Executive Producer. Projects will include short- and long-form news and educational videos.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration through Summer 2020, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Pitch, coordinate and produce in-studio and field shoots for short- and long-form videos about personal finance and investing topics under tight deadlinesDeliver assignments on deadline for publicationCreate quick-turn, daily video content for mobile, social and digital audiencesGenerate unique, original video pitches for multimedia executionsUtilize text, graphics, & 3rd party footage to build engaging contentSpecial projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• At least 4 years of experience at the network level with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting and scripting
• Fluency in English & Spanish (written & verbal)
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience in English & Spanish
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• A sample of candidate’s work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Experience in either an English & Spanish-speaking newsroom
• Detail-oriented, talented shooter and creative editor
• Understanding of the nuances of packaging digital videos for the web, mobile web and social
• Sound editorial news judgement
• Passion for and knowledge of innovative multimedia storytelling and strategic thinking across digital platforms
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
• General knowledge of current events and business news with an interest in business journalism or personal finance and investing topics
• Working knowledge of online publishing systems
•Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and delivering projects under news deadlines
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.