WCAU Investigative Reporter
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Research, develop, write, and produce ground-breaking, impactful investigative news stories. Our expectation is for you to either lead newscasts, or produce promotable stories that attract new viewers.
• Generate long and short-term investigative news projects
• Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events
• Provide investigative content across all of NBC 10’s on-air and digital platforms
• Must be a multitasker with the ability to juggle multiple stories at once.
• Develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive reports
• Work with station management and NBC Legal and Standards departments to maintain company ethical standards.
• Potential to perform basic video shooting and editing
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience working as a television news reporter
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an investigative reporter
• Understanding of computer-assisted reporting and working with database and spreadsheet programs
• A thorough understanding of open records laws
• Strong story-telling and television writing skills that focus on people while using data and analysis to create captivating content.
• A strong social media skillset for both research and promoting stories
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus
• Must be willing to perform other news duties as requested (breaking news, weather coverage, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel, work long-hours, and work weekends with short notice dependent on story needs
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Experience working with hidden cameras
• Ability to shoot and edit video for broadcast
• Willingness to work long hours
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.