Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist the Producer in supporting game production activities. Contribute to the development and/or live operations of a product by taking ownership of executing tactical elements of the game production process. Interact regularly with internal creative, business, marketing and support (eg: franchise) teams. Associate Producers may take the lead on smaller projects designed to grow experience or provide a learning path to new capabilities.
• Contribute to the creative process in helping develop the vision for each game and provide meaningful input on key aspects of each game (i.e. game play, story and overall quality)
• Play a "hands on" role in driving the execution of tactical elements of getting the game produced (i.e. scheduling and setting priorities, milestone tracking, bug management, etc.)
• Thoroughly review game builds on all platforms. Maintain detailed production notes, track revisions, and provide quality assurance.
• Assist in identifying new game projects for development.
• Organize internal and external game demos.
• Liaise with Marketing and/or PR regarding production updates
• Support the development of presentations and/or demos for the greenlight process or other key stages of development
• Interact on a daily basis with internal creative & business teams
• Interact regularly with external development teams
• Provide feedback to the developer to improve the quality of the game
• Ensure the developer adheres to milestone targets and takes actions to either mitigate or recover any late or potentially late milestones
• Take ownership of all responsibilities and take initiative in proactively solving problems
• Mentor Production Coordinators
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• 3+ years of experience in QA and/or as an Associate Producer or Production Coordinator within a digital games developer or publisher.
• Demonstrable ability to play through digital video games on all platforms, including developing/testing games on PC, console, and mobile.
• Highly adept working with SDKs, development kits, file sharing programs, and other technologies related to game development.
• Strong knowledge of video gaming platform development specifications (including next generation gaming consoles; PC/online; and mobile OS) and knowledge of first party submission requirements and processes.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize as needed.
• Advanced computer skills (specifically to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop).
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is desired
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.