- Full Time
The Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI), the nation’s authority on consumer financial health, is known for a strong entrepreneurial spirit, teamwork and an orientation toward social impact.
Scope of Role
If you’re looking for a marcom role where you can use your experience and interest to create content for storytelling and impacts around financial health, CFSI is seeking a Manager, Communications with strong marketing communications experience across paid, owned and earned channels to manage critical communications deliverables, take ownership and make quick impacts for CFSI’s research, thought leadership, and innovation programs. This role will specifically support the Financial Solutions Lab, a partnership between CFSI and JP Morgan Chase which seeks to identify, test and bring to scale promising innovations that can help improve financial health in America. This role will be critical in telling the story of the Lab and how the innovation and technology solutions from Lab companies are helping consumers who are struggling in their financial lives. Additionally, this role may also support marcom activities for other CFSI research or consulting projects.
The Communications Manager will report to the Senior Director of Communications, and will be a key member of the organization’s growing marketing communications team, based in Chicago. CFSI is a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment seeking colleagues who share our values of innovation, passion, excellence, impact and directness. CFSI has four offices--Chicago, New York, Washington D.C or San Francisco.
CFSI leads a network of financial services providers, helping them develop and provide high-quality products and services that better meet the needs of consumers – especially those who are struggling. CFSI informs, advises and connects its network of financial services providers, innovators and thought leaders to seed the innovation that will transform the financial services landscape.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the marketing of key communications deliverables for CFSI’s program outputs including print and digital marketing collateral, audio and video content, social media, case studies, and profiles.
- Supports the CFSI Program Team with day-to-day communications tasks, including media response and outreach, editorial and profile writing, and event coordination.
- Works closely with other members of the MarCom team to ensure coordination with CFSI’s broad corporate communications, digital output, social media, events, and network marketing efforts.
- Supports content and agenda development for key CFSI and events, including the annual EMERGE Financial Health Forum, Network Summit, FSL meetings, and other high-visibility convenings.
- Serves as a direct marketing liaison to marketing and communications peers at funder and partners organizations, to develop strategic marketing plans and execute on programs.
- Manages program-specific communications budgets.
- 5-8 years of strategic communications experience, including media outreach, and media figure relationship management. Financial services, fintech and/or entrepreneurial experience a plus.
- Strong writing and organizational/ project management skills with ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Experience with presentation design and execution.
- Experience managing external design or production vendors preferred.
- Supervision/management of interns may be required over time.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic travel, with occasional overnight stays - once or twice per month) in order to support Financial Solutions Lab activities such as cohort meetings, CFSI’s annual conference EMERGE and Member Summit, other trade show and conferences, and potential media relations activities as requested.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
Position Location(s): Chicago is preferred. Other locations include San Francisco and New York.
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of CFSI. To apply, please submit a compelling cover letter and resume at our career website.
CFSI is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.