Podcast Executive Producer (Part Time)
- Part Time
We are currently seeking an Executive Producer to help us launch and oversee production of our New York Post-branded podcasts. These new podcasts will echo the flavor of the Post in tone and cover subject matters ranging from news to gossip to sports.
You have a passion for all kinds of news topics and can help us achieve the next creative evolution of podcasts for a broad audience. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, expertise working with talent and a track record of producing engaging audio programs.
You must be confident overseeing multiple projects on multiple schedules all the way from pre-production through final deliverable. You’ll coordinate logistics and schedules and work with an audio engineer to ensure smooth operation of the productions.
You’ll work closely with our team of editors and writers from the newsroom and video/audio department. And you’ll be part of our team that brainstorms future podcast ideas.
Must enjoy working collaboratively and accurately in a fast paced breaking news environment.
This is an opportunity to join an iconic media brand as it continues to experience exponential digital growth. New York Post and Page Six have 60 million unique visitors a month and have received more than a billion video views across platforms in the past two years.
This is a part time role: a six month 40-hour per week role in our New York office, with the potential to extend and/or convert to a staff role.
- Oversee 2-3 weekly podcast series from pre-production, booking, recording, editing through final deliverables.
- Review cuts; supply and/or integrate notes through all rounds of production.
- Develop an editorial calendar and schedule and smooth logistical operation.
- Arrange interviews and oversee recording sessions, sometimes via remote connections
- Research and produce episode ideas on a variety of topics. Field pitches from the newsroom to identify stories and subjects that are on brand for the podcasts.
- Work with our audio talent to bring out their best storytelling performances and interviews as well as continual coaching of talent.
- Contribute ideas to help grow audience and improve distribution.
- Ensure Post style guides, journalistic and legal standards are met.
- Work with marketing, sponsorship, publicity, audience development teams to find opportunities to expand the shows’ brands.
- Turn around mixes on tight deadlines on occasion when news breaks.
- 5+ years of audio production experience working on non-fiction/factual audio in radio, podcasting or equivalent.
- Ability to define and sharply focus audio programming
- Strong writing, audio editing and story skills
- Deep understanding of domestic, local and international news, politics, gossip and sports.
- Comfort with operating studio boards as well as remote equipment
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Audition or similar
- Ability to locate and source archival and/or online footage when necessary
- Create and maintain editorial calendar
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling programs under tight deadline constraints
- Clear communicator with excellent written and collaboration skills
- Ability to keep cool under pressure
- Resume and cover letter
- Email materials
The New York Post is the nation’s oldest newspaper with the youngest, most ambitious multimedia department. We want to make our mark in audio and create memorable work and new watching habits among our audience. The legacy of the great headlines conveys the attributes of our ambition: bold, irreverent, confident and clever. We want to make audio that surprise listeners. We seek someone who believes news doesn’t have to be boring to be news and who appreciates serious and quirky stories. Let’s talk! We are an equal opportunity employer.