Podcast Audio Engineer (Part Time)
- Part Time
We are currently seeking an Audio Engineer to help us launch our New York Post-branded podcasts. These new podcasts will echo the flavor of the Post in tone and cover subject matters ranging from news to gossip to sports.
You have a passion for all kinds of news topics and can help us achieve the next creative evolution of podcasts for a broad audience. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a track record of engineering engaging audio programs.
You will be editing and sweetening multiple projects on multiple schedules through the week. You’ll coordinate in-house and remote tapings and ensure smooth operation of the productions.
You will report to our podcast Executive Producer and work closely with our team of editors and writers from the newsroom and video/audio department. And you’ll be part of our team that brainstorms future podcast ideas.
Must enjoy working collaboratively and accurately in a fast paced breaking news environment.
This is an opportunity to join an iconic media brand as it continues to experience exponential digital growth. New York Post and Page Six have 60 million unique visitors a month and have received more than a billion video views across platforms in the past two years.
This is a part time role: a six month 40-hour per week role in our New York office, with the potential to extend and/or convert to a staff role.
- Oversee the editing and audio recording of 2-3 weekly podcast series
- Oversee recording sessions, sometimes via remote connections
- Maintain high quality standards for studio recordings and field audio
- Must embrace and adopt new technologies for audio gathering, both in-house and in the field
- Help ensure Post style guides, journalistic and legal standards are met
- Work with marketing, sponsorship, publicity, audience development teams to find opportunities to expand the shows’ brands
- Turn around mixes on tight deadlines on occasion when news breaks
- 2-3 years of audio production experience working on non-fiction/factual audio in radio, podcasting or equivalent
- Strong audio editing and story skills
- Comfort with operating studio boards as well as remote equipment and voiceover booths
- Should have experience with a range of technologies, including Audio over IP, ISDN and Skype
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Audition and/or similar software
- Should know best practices for multi-track audio editing
- Experience producing compelling programs occasionally tight deadline constraint; ability to keep cool under pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot in a pinch and calmly find a resolution
- Resume and cover letter
- Email materials
The New York Post is the nation’s oldest newspaper with the youngest, most ambitious multimedia department. We want to make our mark in audio and create memorable work and new watching habits among our audience. The legacy of the great headlines conveys the attributes of our ambition: bold, irreverent, confident and clever. We want to make audio that surprise listeners. We seek someone who believes news doesn’t have to be boring to be news and who appreciates serious and quirky stories. Let’s talk! We are an equal opportunity employer.