Seeking a motivated, proactive Manager to develop and execute communication plans supporting Comcast NBCUnites, our umbrella corporate-led volunteering and social impact initiative. These communication plans will continuously engage employees in Comcast NBCUnites and inform both employees and consumers on how NBCUniversal is supporting the communities where we live and work.
This candidate is comfortable thinking big picture, will oversee our overall storytelling strategy and execute daily communications to promote and share the impact of volunteering events and CSR activities happening across the company (both corporate and otherwise). The candidate should have demonstrated excellence in strategic communications including writing, editing, and multi-platform content creation and can ensure we are leveraging various mediums for the most effective results.Responsibilities
Oversee all ongoing CSR content and communications across relevant mediums including NBCUNow (company intranet), Attendease, nbcuniversal.com and other internal platforms Responsible for managing events and editorial calendar for Comcast NBCUnites including promotion and awareness plans to drive registration, writing impact and recap stories (& collaborating with regional counterparts for their stories), outlining overall schedule, managing creative materials development when needed, and recommending overall topics, cadence, etc. for CSR storytellingCurate stories and write Comcast NBCUnites quarterly newsletter and internal end of year story; work with production team on a year-end sizzle recapCollaborate with Comcast Community Impact and Corporate Communications teams as NBCUniversal lead contact for Comcast NBCUniversal annual CSR Report Communications and Marketing support for Project Innovation/NBCU Foundation campaign Assist SVP when needed on leveraging CSR assets and platforms to support cross-company Symphony initiatives and marketing priorities Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or other related field majors.
- 5+ years of progressive experience writing and managing communications plans
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to successfully work in a matrix, decentralized organization
- Experience/familiarity working in the Corporate Responsibility space
- The ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and great executive presence
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships including vendor relationships
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Experience leading cross-functional task forces and collaborating with creative teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook); proficiency in Adobe products is a plus, but not required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.