Executive Assistant - Marketing & Brand
- Full Time
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for career tomorrow. 4-H programs empower nearly six million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills. In the U.S., 4-H serves every county and parish through our network of 110 universities and more than 3000 local offices. Globally, 4-H collaborates with independent programs to empower one million youth in 50 countries. 4-H is led by a unique private-public partnership of universities, federal and local government agencies, foundations and professional associations. National 4-H Council is the private sector, non-profit partner of the Cooperative Extension System and 4-H National Headquarters located at the National Institute of Food and Agriculture within the United States Department of Agriculture.
National 4-H Council (Council) seeks a seasoned Executive Assistant (EA) who will provide a wide range of administrative and executive support to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Marketing & Brand and several key Marketing Leadership Team members. The EA will be expected to organize and set priorities, meet critical deadlines and perform follow-up tasks; schedule meetings, plan business trips and manage information requests. Also, the EA will work with key contacts, both inter and cross-departmental, and should be prepared to assist in project/campaign development and implementation as necessary.
Meeting, Event, and Travel Support Duties
- Assist and coordinate SVP’s complex calendars, agendas, logistics, food orders for committee calls, guest speakers; expense reports, and credit card statements. Manage the Marketing & Brand departments’ meetings (internally and with other departments) Prepare minutes for conference calls and post/distribute to appropriate individuals on a timely basis. Collaborate with internal teams on training events by coordinating activities with participants, travel agency, and 4-H Conference Center. Manage and coordinate complex executive travel schedules and reservations (domestic and international). Coordinate special projects and events under the SVP’s and the Marketing teams’ direction.
Department Support Duties
- Manage the departments’ and leadership teams’ meetings and logistics; plan and execute quarterly team outings and departments’ annual retreats, including arranging catering and planning team building events and social gatherings. Serve as budget steward for the department; monitor spending and allocation of budget, and process purchase orders and invoices. Assist with various Council and 4-H initiatives, including organization-wide monthly associate meetings. Monitor 4-H’s marketing inbox daily; communicate with 4-H stakeholders on behalf of Council; support other marketing team members as needed.
Administrative Support Duties
- Provide high level administrative and executive support to the SVP. Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and address any issues promptly. Perform general administrative duties such as screening the mail, maintaining files and filing systems, maintain and address/mailing lists, and copy and scan documents as needed. Pro-actively respond to callers and visitors. Interact with high-level internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the SVP. Prepare, edit, and respond to routine as well as complex correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the SVP. Accept and make calls on behalf of the SVP. Order supplies, books, and maintain subscriptions. Facilitate the signing, sending and filing of confidential documents on behalf of the SVP and the Marketing Leadership Team. Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Executive Team; communicate and coordinate with other Associates in the department and within Council.
Document Management Duties
- Generate updates, reports, summaries and PowerPoint presentations as they relate to the Marketing Team. Manage files and information on SharePoint. Manage internal documents for the Digital, Public Relations, Executive Communications, and Creative Services teams as needed. Manage internal documents for the SVP and the Marketing Leadership Team.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related discipline. Must have a minimum of three to five years of executive level administrative experience. Must have the ability to perform in a team-oriented environment. Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize; robust customer services and relationship skills Must have exceptional task management skills and ability to meet deadlines Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook) required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the vital functions.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Mainly a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. Requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Basic math skills needed to calculate formulas, commissions, discounts, etc. Must be able to lift 10 to 20 pounds.