Social Marketing Strategist
- Full Time
The Social Media Strategist will develop and implement the Company’s social media strategy for both paid and organic, focused on driving brand awareness and engagement, generating inbound traffic through compelling outbound programs to ultimately encourage product and program adoption. This role will report to the VP of Marketing to support our branding efforts, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a vibrant, growing community.
The Social Media Strategist will help EPB’s in house marketing team enhance and maintain a strong presence online via social media and email channels. The position will assist in the management of the marketing team’s social resources, coordinating content calendars and posting responsibilities. The positon will also assist the marketing team in building quality email lists that enable EPB to send the right message to the right person at the right time using personalization and email automation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and all the Company’s products and services.
- Manage Company’s social media persona on networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Reddit, Instagram and others, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content appropriately on social, with a strong understanding of customer touchpoints in the customer journey that can be leveraged to drive engagement.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in each social platform to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Access new and emerging social media platforms to determine which should be added and integrated into EPB’s social media strategy and efforts.
- Develop paid social plans across platforms to support marketing goals. Use analytics to inform, optimize and help determine strategy. Provide monthly reports with these insights.
- Mange social media campaigns and day-to-day activities, including the development and management of editorial calendars across multiple social channels, listening, responding, online advocacy, writing social copy and editorials, community-outreach efforts, development and implementation of on-line promotions, engaging in dialogues, answering questions and providing information where appropriate to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Work with marketing team to ensure the look and feel of our brand in the social channel is on strategy and updated. Make sure the marketing team is kept apprised of the latest techniques and ad formats.
- Work with the marketing team and other work groups as appropriate to create effective text, image and video content ensuring it is approved to meet deadlines.
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact and ROI of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results and help the Marketing team evolve strategies.
- Initiates and manages 3rd party relationships with vendors and partners in the space, keeping a pulse on the ever-evolving changes in the social space.
- Must have a solid understanding of how each social media platforms works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or similar field
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- 3+ years of experience in Social Media
- Creative and organized
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships with customers
- Team player with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Public Relations, Marketing, and Sales experience a plus